From track to all-terrain to powerboat, ICARUS Sports has embraced a diverse mix of motor sports in a packed opening five months of 2019.
ICARUS Sports has seen drivers take everything in their stride as they race to be the best, facing ravines, rocky trails, deserts and the challenges of the sea.
“We are really excited to move into motorsports production and distribution and these races are a real eye-opener to the exceptional skills it takes to compete in hostile terrain and the precision of the race track,” commented Ilias Grapas, ICARUS Sports head of motorsport. “Witnessing drivers at one with their vehicles is impressive, embodying the best of high performance sport. And there is much more to come this year.”
Enjoy our review of motorsports so far in 2019:
- Tuareg Rallye, Algeria – off-road motor sports takes on the deserts and tracks of the western edge of the Grand Erg Oriental over seven days of racing for cars, motorbikes, quad bikes, 4×4, SSVs and trucks.
- Desert Baja, Israel – pitching drivers against the little explored Negev desert region of Israel, the race unfolds over three days and three stages, featuring motorcycles, ATV, SBS, cars, trucks and quad bikes, with the choice to use traditional map navigation or GPS.
- Maroc Challenge, Morocco – teams put their driving and navigating skills to the test on a six-stage journey of adventure and adversity, crossing the Atlas mountains and sand dunes, routing from Marrakech to Saïdia on the Mediterranean coast.
- Voomquest V2 Powerboat GP, Malta – the one-design V2 Voomquest World Championship re-defines powerboat racing in an affordable and sustainable race series for the adrenaline junkie.
- Griiip G1 Series – the G1 series features the world’s most advanced and cost effective Formula 1000 Race Car, using breakthrough technology to deliver real and virtual competition for drivers and fans.
- Super Turbo, Thailand – unfolding in the famous Chang International Circuit, over 200 drivers race across 8 categories offering an impressive spectacle as they push their highly modified cars to the limit.
- Masters Historic Racing, Great Britain – hosted at one of the world’s few race tracks that retains its original layout and offering grids for some of the world’s most unique and rare race cars, historic motor racing is captured at the FIA Masters Historic Formula One and FIA Masters Historic Sports Car Championship.
- Hellas Rally Raid, Greece – race categories include moto, quad and SSV categories, covering distances from 160 – 250 km per day in the Pindus Mountains, renowned for their natural beauty, embracing ravines, waterfalls, forest, river rapids, trails and barren mountains.